Boise Rescue Mission Ministries is seeking a full-time Assistant Communications Coordinator. This position reports to the Development Communications Director, is a member of the Development staff, and supports the fundraising efforts of the Rescue Mission.
The Assistant Communications Coordinator must hold to the doctrine and constitution/by-laws of Boise Rescue Mission Ministries. This individual must be a regular attendee of a local church and be willing to sign and adhere to the Mission’s Statement of Faith.
This is a full-time position. Normal schedule is 8:00 to 4:30pm, Monday – Friday. This position requires occasional evenings and weekends outside of normal work hours and participation in all Rescue Mission Events.
The Assistant Communications Coordinator is part of the Communications Team. The Mission’s Communications Team is responsible for creating content for and managing all of the Mission’s marketing and communications channels. The following are some of the duties that can be expected:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND NECESSARY SKILLS INCLUDE:
- Writing: Effectively captures the visual and written story of the need that exists in our community as well as how individual lives have been transformed by Boise Rescue Mission Ministries’ programs and services. Newsletter and copywriting.
- Website Management: Responsible for maintenance of the Rescue Mission’s online presence, communications, and reputation. Publishes content to and manages community engagement with the Mission’s website. Keeps website up to date. Troubleshoots web issues.
- Interviewing: Develops leads and conducts interviews with a variety of people from diverse backgrounds – including men, women, and children – who are staying at the Rescue Mission.
- Layout & Design: Creates materials and content for the purposes of marketing, fundraising, and awareness using skills such as layout, design, writing non-profit appeals, and non-profit storytelling.
- Production: Produces print and digital resources aligned with the Rescue Mission’s brand standards and marketing plan including printed materials, direct mail, website, social and mass media. Works with outside vendors as needed.
- Photography: Serves as a backup photographer when needed.
- Flexibility: Willing to take on other responsibilities as needed to support the work of the Mission
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IS SEEKING A REWARDING CAREER, COMMITTED TO LEARNING, AND WILL DEMONSTRATE:
- Exceptional people skills with a genuine heart for others, especially those who are hurting.
- Excellence in written and verbal communications, including the use of proper grammar and the ability to proofread content created by others.
- Ability to write in such a way that tells the stories of the Rescue Mission and the people we serve, compels people to pay attention, expresses gratitude, and encourages response in all the Mission’s fundraising efforts.
- A passion for the Mission, Vision, and Values of Boise Rescue Mission Ministries. Is a strict advocate for the Rescue Mission’s Brand and identity in the community.
- Ability to handle a deadline-driven project load and to organize and balance competing demands.
- Qualities of a leader, has an analytical mind, and can think critically.
- Experience in the use of design and layout software: Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Experience with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with Website Management
- Experience with Blackbaud Raisers Edge and Online Express a plus
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
We are a Christian non-profit organization dedicated to serving the homeless population in the Treasure Valley, and while doing so, try to bring them closer to God.
Join us and see the incredible impact you can have on people in need in our community!