Boise Rescue Mission Ministries is seeking a full-time Communications Administrative Assistant. This position reports to the Development Communications Director and is part of the Development staff, supporting the Rescue Mission’s fundraising efforts.
The Communications Administrative Assistant must hold to the doctrine and constitution/by-laws of Boise Rescue Mission Ministries. This individual must be a regular attendee of a local church and be willing to sign and adhere to the Mission’s Statement of Faith.
The Communications Administrative Assistant supports the Development Communications Director and assists with administrative tasks related to the Communications Team’s purpose of fundraising and promoting awareness of the Rescue Mission’s work in the community. The job is full-time onsite at the Mission’s Administrative Offices. Regular work hours are 8:00 am – 4:30 pm, Monday – Friday. This position also requires participation in all Mission events, will include occasional evenings and weekends outside of regular work hours, and some local travel to alternate locations.
SKILLS, DUTIES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Communications Administrative Assistant supports the Mission’s Development Communications Team’s efforts in telling the Mission’s story across a variety of communications channels. The following are some of the duties that can be expected:
- Desktop publishing: Includes research, writing, layout, and design. Create and keep Mission collateral continually up-to-date using Microsoft Word, Canva.com, and Adobe InDesign.
- Participate in conducting interviews as needed with a variety of people from diverse backgrounds – including homeless men, women, and children staying at the Rescue Mission – to support Communications Team projects.
- Write content (including Press Releases) that skillfully captures and tells the story of need in our community and demonstrates how individual lives are transformed by Boise Rescue Mission Ministries’ programs and services.
- Copy, print, and professional preparation of materials for distribution.
- Administrative tasks including typing and transcription, data entry, mail-merge.
- Management of Communications project timelines.
- Digital and physical filing and organization.
- Proofread and edit written content for Mission communications.
- Encourage and celebrate community involvement.
- Support Communications Team’s work on projects and assist in our effort to maintain the highest standards and accurately convey the vision and identity of the Rescue Mission.
- Assist with lunches, banquets, open houses, and other special events
- Obtain quotes from vendors, write purchase orders, track invoices.
- Reconcile credit card.
- Assist with various other needs as they arise.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IS WILL HAVE THE DESIRE TO SERVE AND WILL DEMONSTRATE:
- A passion for the Mission, Vision, and Values of Boise Rescue Mission Ministries. Is a strict advocate for the Rescue Mission’s Brand and identity in the community
- Exceptional people skills with a genuine heart for those who are hurting.
- A love of life-long learning
- Serious attention to detail and excellence in written and verbal communications, including the ability to use and proofread for proper spelling and grammar.
- An understanding of donor-centric communication and the purpose of non-profit fundraising
- Good judgment, problem-solving, and the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to handle confidential guest and donor/constituency information with integrity.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate’s degree or equivalent
- Three years of experience as an Administrative Assistant
- Comfortable with Mac OS
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Familiar with Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign)
- Comfortable using office equipment such as business printers, copiers, phones, computers
We are a Christian non-profit organization dedicated to serving the homeless population in the Treasure Valley area, and while doing so, try to bring them closer to God.
Join us and see the impact you can have on people in need in our community!