Boise Rescue Mission Ministries is looking for men and women who love Jesus and want to help give homeless men and women a safe and stable place to get a new start in life.
The Certified Nursing Assistant must hold to the doctrine and constitution/by-laws of the Mission. The C.N.A. must be a regular attendee of a local church and be willing to sign and adhere to the Mission’s Statement of Faith.
Job Description: Located in Nampa, we currently have a full-time position shift hours and/or times may vary depending on the need. The Certified Nursing Assistant performs nursing procedures and patient care tasks. This position requires motivation, ability to learn quickly, thinking on your feet, plus following instructions carefully.
Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Provides for patient’s personal hygiene and daily living. This may include providing and clearing bedpans and urinals, providing baths, backrubs, shampoos and shaves, and assisting patients with showers. Assists with meals and feeds patients. Ambulates, turns and positions patients. Provides fresh water and nourishment between meals.
- Maintains good working relations with other resident advisors and other pertinent medical staff through appropriate communication.
- Instills confidence in patients by maintaining a neat appearance and performing duties in a competent and caring manner. Reports observations of patients to the case manager about the patient to ensure professional assessment.
- With specialized training and written approval, may perform additional and specialized tasks pertinent to the assigned area.
- Shows dependability by being punctual; maintains consistent attendance.
- Maintains a safe environment for patients and co-workers, transports patients and equipmentas appropriate.
Education and Experience:
- High school graduate preferred.
- Successful completion of nursing assistant course or the equivalent.
- Previous hospital experience with acceptable references preferred.
- Prolonged periods of standing and walking.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds at times
We are a Christian non-profit organization dedicated to serving the homeless population in the Boise and Nampa area, and while doing so, try to bring them closer to God.
Come join us and see what a huge impact you can have!