Boise Rescue Mission Ministries is seeking a full-time Communications Assistant. This position reports to the Development Communications Director, is a member of the Development staff, and supports the fundraising efforts of the Rescue Mission.
The Communications Assistant must hold to the doctrine and constitution/by-laws of Boise Rescue Mission Ministries. This individual must be a regular attendee of a local church and be willing to sign and adhere to the Mission’s Statement of Faith.
This position requires occasional evenings and weekends outside of normal work hours.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND NECESSARY SKILLS INCLUDE:
The Communications Assistant participates with the rest of the Communications Team in telling the Mission’s story across a variety of communications channels. The following are some of the duties that can be expected:
- Participates in all Mission communications by developing materials and content for the purposes of marketing, fundraising and awareness using skills such as layout, design, and non-profit storytelling
- Produces print and digital resources aligned with the marketing plan to support the Mission’s communication channels including printed materials, direct mail, WordPress, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, and mass media
- Develops leads and conducts interviews with a variety of people from diverse backgrounds – including men, women, and children – who are staying at the Rescue Mission.
- Effectively captures the visual and written story of the need that exists in our community as well as how individual lives have been transformed by Boise Rescue Mission Ministries’ programs and services.
- Responsible for daily maintenance of the Rescue Mission’s online presence, communications, and reputation. Publishes content to and manages community engagement with the Mission’s website and social media channels
- Willing to take on other responsibilities as needed to support the work of the Mission
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IS OUTGOING, COMMITTED TO LEARNING, AND WILL DEMONSTRATE:
- Evidence of skill in layout and design
- Ability to write in such a way that tells the Rescue Mission’s story, compels people to pay attention, expresses gratitude, and encourages response in all of the Mission’s fundraising efforts?
- A passion for the Mission, Vision, and Values of Boise Rescue Mission Ministries. Is a strict advocate for the Rescue Mission’s Brand and identity in the community
- Exceptional people skills with a genuine heart for others, especially those who are hurting.
- An ability to keep pace with a demanding project load and prioritize competing demands. Is organized and completes assignments on time with excellence
- Excellence in written and verbal communications, including the use of proper grammar and the ability to proofread content created by others
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience in the use of design and layout software: Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Experience with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Powerpoint