Boise Rescue Mission Ministries is seeking a full-time Communications Coordinator with a Digital Media emphasis. This position reports to the Development Communications Director and is part of the Development staff supporting the fundraising efforts of the Mission.
The Communications Coordinator must hold to the doctrine and constitution/by-laws of Boise Rescue Mission Ministries. TheCommunications Coordinator must be a regular attendee of a local church and be willing to sign and adhere to the Mission’s Statement of Faith.
The Mission’s Communications Coordinator participate in all of the Mission’s communications efforts, developing marketing contentand telling the Rescue’s Mission story for the purpose of fundraising and awareness through writing, photography, and videography, and some graphic design. This person is required to participate in all Mission events. This includes occasional evenings and weekends outside of normal work hours.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND NECESSARY SKILLS INCLUDE:
The Communications Coordinator participates with the rest of the Communications Team in telling the Mission’s story across a varietyof communications channels. The following are some of the duties that can be expected:
- Journalistic storytelling through photography, videography, writing, and graphic design. This position serves as the RescueMission’s primary photographer and videographer
- Develops leads with shelter staff and conducts interviews with a variety of people from diverse backgrounds, including men, women, and children who are staying at the Rescue Mission. Effectively captures the story of the need that exists in ourcommunity as well as how individual lives have been transformed by Boise Rescue Mission Ministries’ programs and services
- Conceptualizes, creates, and edits message-driven video content for website and social media
- Provides assigned resources and content for multiple communication channels that include print materials, direct mail,Wordpress, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Twitter
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IS VERY OUTGOING AND ENGAGING, AND WILL DEMONSTRATE:
- A passion for the Mission, Vision, and Values of Boise Rescue Mission Ministries. Is a strict advocate for the Rescue Mission’sBrand and identity in the community
- Exceptional people skills with a genuine heart for those who are hurting. An ability to keep pace with a demanding project load and prioritize competing demands. Organized and completes assignments on time with excellence
- Excellence in written and verbal communications, including the use of proper grammar.
- An understanding of donor-centric communication and the purpose of non-profit fundraising
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proficient in the use of Mac OS, PC, Canon DSLR cameras, lighting and audio equipment
- Experienced in the use of image and video editing as well as design and layout software: Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop,Lightroom, Premier Pro, InDesign), Final Cut Pro, and PowerpointWe are a Christian non-profit organization dedicated to serving the homeless population in the Boise and Nampa area, and while doing so, try to bring them closer to God.
Come join us and see what a huge impact you can have!