Boise Rescue Mission Ministries is seeking a full-time Communications Administrative Assistant. This position reports to the Development Communications Director and is part of the Development staff, supporting the fundraising efforts of the Rescue Mission.
The Communications Administrative Assistant must hold to the doctrine and constitution/by-laws of Boise Rescue Mission Ministries. This individual must be a regular attendee of a local church and be willing to sign and adhere to the Mission’s Statement of Faith.
The Mission’s Communications Administrative Assistant assists administrative tasks related to the Communications Team’s purpose of fundraising and promoting awareness of the Rescue Mission’s work in the community. This position requires participation in all Mission events, which includes occasional evenings and weekends outside of regular work hours.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND NECESSARY SKILLS INCLUDE:
The Communications Administrative Assistant supports the efforts of the Missions’s Communications Team in telling the Mission’s story across a variety of communications channels. The following are some of the duties that can be expected:
- Administrative tasks including typing and transcription, data entry
- Copy, print and materials preparation
- Managing vendor relationships
- Obtaining quotes from vendors, writing purchase orders, reconciling credit card
- Managing direct mail projects
- Proofreading, editing, and producing some written content for print communications, social media, and website.
- Developing leads with shelter staff and assisting with interviews with a variety of people from diverse backgrounds, including men, women, and children who are staying at the Rescue Mission to support Communications Team projects.
- Assisting the team in effectively capturing and telling the story of the need that exists in our community, as well as how individual lives are transformed by Boise Rescue Mission Ministries’ programs and services
- Digital and physical filing
- Researching, compiling, and reporting information
- Creating and updating various documents and brochures using Microsoft Word, Canva.com, and InDesign
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IS VERY OUTGOING AND ENGAGING, AND WILL DEMONSTRATE:
- A passion for the Mission, Vision, and Values of Boise Rescue Mission Ministries. Is a strict advocate for the Rescue Mission’ s Brand and identity in the community
- Exceptional people skills with a genuine heart for those who are hurting.
- Serious attention to detail, and excellence in written and verbal communications, including the ability to use and proofread for proper spelling and grammar
- An understanding of donor-centric communication and the purpose of non-profit fundraising
- Good judgment in problem-solving, and the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to handle confidential guest and donor/constituency information
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Associate’s degree or equivalent
Three years of experience as an Administrative Assistant
Comfortable with Mac OS and PC
Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
Familiar with Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign)
We are a Christian non-profit organization dedicated to serving the homeless population in the Boise and Nampa area, and while doing so, try to bring them closer to God.
Join us and see the impact you can have on people in need in our community!
If interested, please complete an Employment Application and email to:
Or mail to
ATTN: HR DEPARTMENT, BOISE RESCUE MISSION, P.O. BOX 1494, BOISE, ID 83701