Boise Rescue Mission Ministries is seeking a full-time Digital Communications Assistant. This position reports to the Development Communications Director and is part of the Development staff supporting the fundraising efforts of the Mission.
The Digital Communications Assistant must hold to the doctrine and constitution/by-laws of Boise Rescue Mission Ministries. This individual must be a regular attendee of a local church and be willing to sign and adhere to the Mission’s Statement of Faith.
The Mission’s Digital Communications Assistant participates in all of the Mission’s communications efforts, developing marketing content that’s tells the Rescue’s Mission story for the purpose of fundraising and awareness through written content and storytelling, graphic design, photography, and some videography. This person is required to participate in all Mission events. This includes occasional evenings and weekends outside of regular work hours.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND NECESSARY SKILLS INCLUDE:
The Digital Communications Assistant participates with the rest of the Communications Team in telling the Mission’s story across a variety of communications channels. The following are some of the duties that can be expected:
- Journalistic storytelling through photography, print layout and design, graphic design, writing, and videography. This position serves as the Rescue Mission’s primary photographer.
- Develops leads with shelter staff and conducts interviews with a variety of people from diverse backgrounds, including men, women, and children who are staying at the Rescue Mission. Effectively captures and tells the story of the need that exists in our community as well as how individual lives have been transformed by Boise Rescue Mission Ministries’ programs and services.
- Approaches project assignments with creativity.
- Responds to resource requests
- Develops ideas and strategy, writes, and edits content for website, social media, and print marketing materials
- Responsible for management and daily maintenance of the Rescue Mission’s online presence, communications, and reputation
- Promotes community engagement with the Mission’s website and social media channels
- Exercises good judgment in problem-solving, and can work both independently and as a member of a team
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IS VERY OUTGOING AND ENGAGING, AND WILL DEMONSTRATE:
- A passion for the Mission, Vision, and Values of Boise Rescue Mission Ministries. Is a strict advocate for the Rescue Mission’s Brand and identity in the community
- Exceptional people skills with a genuine heart for those who are hurting
- A talent for visual communications
- An ability to keep pace with a demanding project load, and prioritize competing demands. Organized and completes assignments on time with excellence
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- An understanding of donor-centric communication and the purpose of non-profit fundraising
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Associate’s degree or equivalent
Proficient with Mac OS, PC, Canon DSLR cameras, lighting, and audio equipment
Proficient in the use of Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Lightroom, Premiere Pro, InDesign) and Microsoft Office.
We are a Christian non-profit organization dedicated to serving the homeless population in the Boise and Nampa area, and while doing so, try to bring them closer to God.
Join us and see the impact you can have on people in need in our community!
If interested, please complete an Employment Application and email to:
Or Mail To
ATTN: HR DEPARTMENT, BOISE RESCUE MISSION, P.O. BOX 1494, BOISE, ID 83701