Boise Rescue Mission Ministries is looking for women who love Jesus and want to help give homeless women and children a safe and stable place to get a new start in life.
The Resident Advisor must hold to the doctrine and constitution/by-laws of the Mission. The Resident Advisor must be a regular attendee of a local church and be willing to sign and adhere to the Mission’s Statement of Faith.
Job Summary: Boise Rescue Mission Ministries Women and Children’s Shelters in Boise currently has part-time day positions available. Hours are 6:00am – 2:30pm, weekends. The resident advisor oversees and assists guests staying in our emergency shelters for homeless women and children.
Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Keep the building secure
- Interact with guests in a positive, compassionate manner
- Assist the guests with the intake process during the evening or help guests leave for the day
- Oversee the completion of chores by guests
- Prepare lunches
- General cleaning of the facilities including laundry
- Restock supplies, clothing, etc.
- Data entry
- May also participate in various fundraising events throughout the year
- Help with other tasks and assignments as necessary
- General computer skills Excellent communication skills
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented and good organizational skills
- Work independently, make informed decisions, problem solve in a fast-paced environment, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
High School Diploma or equivalent
Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
We are a Christian non-profit organization dedicated to serving the homeless population in the Treasure Valley area, and while doing so, try to bring them closer to God.
Come join us and see what a huge impact you can have!