Boise Rescue Mission Ministries is looking for men who love Jesus and want to help give homeless men and women a safe and stable place to get a new start in life.
The First Cook must hold to the doctrine and constitution/by-laws of the Mission. The First Cook must be a regular attendee of a local church and be willing to sign and adhere to the Mission’s Statement of Faith.
JOB SUMMARY: The First Cook plans and prepares cafeteria-style meals, for guests staying at our shelters. Full-time and part-time shifts are available.
Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Interact with guests in a positive, compassionate manner
- Work with volunteer servers and food preparers
- Assist with Mission events that require the handling of food
- Consult with Food Service Manager in all areas of foodservice
- Responsible for deliveries and picking up food items from our warehouse facility
- Ordering and purchasing approved items (food and food-related) needed to perform one’s duty
- Complete other tasks and responsibilities as necessary
- Must have cooking and prepping skills
- Able to lift 50 lbs or more
- Ability to stand on feet working in kitchen for prolonged periods of time
- Able to demonstrate proper lifting technique
- Valid drivers license
Must have Food Handler’s Certificate
Experience in commercial food preparation/cooking desirable
High School Diploma or equivalent
We are a Christian non-profit organization dedicated to serving the homeless population in the Treasure Valley area, and while doing so, try to bring them closer to God.
Come join us and see what a huge impact you can have!