Boise Rescue Mission Ministries is looking for men and women who love Jesus and want to help give homeless men and women a safe and stable place to get a new start in life.
The Security Staff member must hold to the doctrine and constitution/by-laws of Boise Rescue Mission Ministries. The Security Staff member must be a regular attendee of a local church and be willing to sign and adhere to the Mission’s Statement of Faith.
Job Summary: The Boise Rescue Mission currently has a full-time position for security staff at our River of Life Men’s Shelter in Boise. Shifts will vary, but will mainly be 11:00 AM to 7:30 PM, 5 days a week. The security staff monitors meals, guest check-in, and other high-volume times to ensure the safety and security of everyone in our facilities. They do random checks of the property and rooms and assist shelter staff with dorm checks, dealing with problem guests, and coordinating with senior staff to solve problems dealing with the safe and secure day-to-day operations. This position requires motivation, the ability to learn quickly, thinking on your feet, plus following instructions carefully.
Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Monitoring activity inside and outside of the facilities to include neighboring properties to help prevent injury to people and damage to property.
- Assisting in emergency situations, reporting on incidents and accidents to include downloading and saving any relevant camera footage, and giving statements to emergency responders as needed.
- May occasionally be called on to work at other facilities and Mission events as needed.
- General computer skills
- Capable of operating Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Excellent communication skills
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Good organizational skills
- Capable of working as a part of a team
- Clean driving record (No SR-22s)
- Must have reliable transportation
High School Diploma or equivalent
We are a Christian non-profit organization dedicated to serving the homeless population in the Treasure Valley, and while doing so, try to bring them closer to God.
Come join us and see what a huge impact you can have!