Boise Rescue Mission Ministries is looking for men and women who love Jesus and want to help give homeless individuals a safe and stable place to get a new start in life.
Job Summary: To coordinate learning center policies and procedures and to assist students (both programmers & guests) with their education and work. This also includes oversight of classes and career guidance.
Reports to: Education Services Manager
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Model Christian ethics, communicating high integrity and living according to the statement of faith as expressed in the Boise Rescue Mission Handbook
• Attend monthly meeting with other Learning Center Coordinators and Education Services Manager
• Go through Crisis Prevention (CPI) (de-escalation) training that is required Mission wide
• Attain CPR Certification training that is required Mission wide
Oversee Learning Center
• Maintain computers (call IT as needed)
• Help guests and programmers as needed
• Assess and evaluate student performance, including new student assessment, periodic student review per policy, and career guidance
• Keep education and work search resources up-to-date
• Maintain Job Search Message line
• Track/monitor guest & NLP usage (sign Internet Usage Policy)
• Monitor student activities and report weekly progress to counselors/advisors/case managers
• Maintain student records and collect stats
• Motivate students to perform to the best of their abilities, encouraging and helping students to stay focused and motivated to learn
• Evaluate current course material and recommend changes and updates as needed
• Connect with Create Common Good, Life’s Kitchen, Job Corp, etc.
• Connect with other job training resources / write referrals
GED / High School Diplomas
• Connect with CWI and Learning Lab
• Assist and coordinate courses for students working on their GED or High School Diploma
• Set up tutoring as needed
• Perform required reviews, assign lessons using PLATO Education System
• Set up GED account & coordinate test schedules
BOISE RESCUE MISSION MINISTRIES LEARNING CENTER COORDINATOR JOB DUTIES
Updated 10/10/2019 Page 2
• Facilitate & schedule classes for both programmers and guests
• Coordinate class volunteers and course material (This includes review and recommendation of career class changes and updates as needed.)
New Life Program
• Do individual assessments of educational level
• Set up a Path/Phase Work plan
• Facilitate testing to complete course work / GED
• Teach classes/tutor as appropriate
• Set up tutoring as needed
• Help with Path/Phase work
• Possible teach classes/devotion
• Help with employment opportunities
• Assist Education Services Manager in setting up classes for staff continuing education
• Be willing to become a certified instructor for different training programs for the Mission (i.e. Crisis Prevention (CPI))
High school diploma required. A college degree is not required, but recommended. Teaching experience is not necessary, but also recommended.
Skills and Abilities:
Maturity and Christian character are the most desirable qualities of a learning center coordinator. Proficiency in interpersonal communications and the ability to get along with others are also necessary skills. It is recommended that the Learning Center Coordinator be organized and detail-oriented with a high energy level. Proficiency in basic math and written English are required. Knowledge of basic computer operations is required. Knowledge of Office Suite and Outlook is required. Experience in career guidance is recommended.
Come join us and see what a huge impact you can have!