The Donor Relations Associate works closely with the VP of Development and the Development Team to implement strategies for increasing donor relationships and gifts. This position spends time meeting with people, sharing the work of the Mission, asking for specific donations, thanking donors, entering data into donor database, and helping coordinate various types of giving to meet short and long-term goals for the organization.
The primary objective of the Donor Relations Associate is to develop long-term relationships built on a firm understanding of the donor’s philanthropic interests, passions, and values. The successful candidate will be responsible for soliciting gifts of $500 and higher from donors, supporters, and friends of the organization.
Who you are:
- Someone who brings excellence to everything you do.
- Detail-oriented with a knack for seeing the big picture.
- Able to handle sensitive information with integrity.
- Hungry for feedback and eager to improve the systems and processes of theDevelopment Team.
- A gifted communicator, in writing, on the phone, and in person. What you’ll do (just thebasics):
- Build rapport and collaborate with the VP of Development to capture data and achievegenerosity goals and outcomes.
- Build rapport and friendships with supporters of the Mission to encourage generosity.
- Call, email, write, text letters of support, thanks, and we miss you notes.
- Process important details into database and pull reports from the database.
- College Degree in communications, marketing, non-profit or similar
- Background in sales, non-profit ministry or similar
- You have the flexibility to adapt to changes and take on new responsibilities as the organization grows.
- You’re not afraid to meet someone new and then immediately ask them for a donation.
What you’ll do (the details):
- Develop and manage relationships with current and prospective donors. Develop and manage multiple prospective donors; research, identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors (both private and business); develop strategic funding requests based on short, intermediate, and long-term goals of the organization; personally contact current and prospective donors maintain donor relations. Complete activity records, personal, donor and gift development activity reports, file, and record for review.
- Recordkeeping of Donor Development Activities. Prepare personal, donor, and gift development activity reports; maintain call logs in the database; arrange future appointments and presentations, and donor files in accordance with Mission Policies and Procedures.
- Represent Boise Rescue Mission Ministries at community events. Attend check/donation presentations. Participate in activities such as service organizations, professional organizations, and other community events/organizations to promote the Mission to the community.
- Perform Other Duties as Assigned. May be required to perform other duties as assigned by the Chief Development Officer or President/CEO including meetings with other staff and departments.
Requirements: A mature walk with Jesus Christ and the ability to articulate Biblical beliefs and their application within the context of Boise Rescue Mission Ministries (a Christian non-profit). All employees of Boise Rescue Mission Ministries are an integral part of the outreach ministry of a non-denominational, evangelical ministry sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ through transformational programs that provide food, shelter, clothing, education, counseling, and restoration of faith, hope, and family to the poor and addicted. All employees are required from time to time to participate in Mission chapel services, outreach ministries, Bible studies, and prayer times. Because of the nature of these types of ministries, it is an absolute necessity that each employee possesses and maintains a Christian testimony of their faith and experience in Jesus. Employees must agree with the Statement of Faith of Boise Rescue Mission Ministries, adhere to it, hold to the doctrine and constitution/by-laws of the Mission, and be regular attendees of a local church.