JOB DESCRIPTION – Graphic / Web Design Assistant
Boise Rescue Mission Ministries is seeking a full-time Graphic/Web Design Assistant. This is an hourly, entry-level position that reports to the Communications and Marketing Director, is a member of the Development staff, and supports the fundraising efforts of the Rescue Mission.
The Graphic/Web Design Assistant must hold to the doctrine and constitution/by-laws of Boise Rescue Mission Ministries. This individual must be a regular attendee of a local church and be willing to sign and adhere to the Mission’s Statement of Faith.
This is a full-time position. Normal schedule is 8:00 to 4:30pm, Monday – Friday. This position also requires occasional evenings and weekends outside of normal work hours and participation in all Rescue Mission Events.
The Graphic/Web Design Assistant is part of the Communications Team. The Mission’s Communications Team is responsible for creating content for and managing all of the Mission’s marketing and communications. The following are some of the duties that can be expected:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND NECESSARY SKILLS INCLUDE:
Layout & Design (Print & Digital):
- Develop and maintains proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite products, graphic design concepts, and marketing strategies.
- Create professionally designed graphics and collateral for a variety of media, both print and digital.
Production (In-house & with external vendors):
- Produces print and digital resources aligned with the Rescue Mission’s brand standards and marketing plan, including printed materials, direct mail, website, social, and mass media. Works with outside vendors as needed.
- Manage content, structure, design, and navigation of Mission websites.
- Develop and maintain proficiency in WordPress basics, accessibility, SEO, and web development standards as they apply to the Mission website(s)
- Database management: SQL, MySQL
- Manage user accounts
- Manage server, hosting environment, web application, and plugin updates
- Maintain routine backups
- Work on special projects
- Research, recommend, and implement approved new plugins or tools
Cultivates good staff, customer, and vendor relationships
Flexibility: Willing to take on other responsibilities as needed to support the work of the Mission
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE IS SEEKING A REWARDING CAREER, COMMITTED TO LEARNING, AND WILL DEMONSTRATE:
- Exceptional people skills with a genuine heart for others, especially those who are hurting
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- A talent for elegant, precise, and professional design & layout
- A passion for the Mission, Vision, and Values of Boise Rescue Mission Ministries
- Is a strict advocate for the Rescue Mission’s Brand and identity in the community
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Intermediate computer skills
- Proficient in the use of design and layout software: Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Adobe Acrobat)
- Understanding of Web Management and Hosting environments
- Some training in WordPress site operation, management, and development
- Familiar with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Competent in the use of standard office equipment
We are a Christian non-profit organization dedicated to serving the homeless population in the Treasure Valley, and while doing so, try to bring them closer to God.
Join us and see the incredible impact you can have on people in need in our community!