Boise Rescue Mission Ministries is looking for women who love Jesus and want to help give homeless women and children a safe and stable place to get a new start in life.
The Resident Advisor must hold to the doctrine and constitution/by-laws of the Mission. The Resident Advisor must be a regular attendee of a local church and be willing to sign and adhere to the Mission’s Statement of Faith.
Job Summary: Boise Rescue Mission Ministries Women and Children’s Shelters in Boise and Nampa currently have full-time and part-time positions available in various shifts that will include evenings and weekends. The resident advisor oversees and assists guests staying in our emergency shelters for homeless women and children.
Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Keep the building secure
- Interact with guests in a positive, compassionate manner
- Assist the guests with the intake process during the evening or help guests leave for the day
- Oversee the completion of chores by guests
- Prepare lunches
- General cleaning of the facilities including laundry
- Restock supplies, clothing, etc.
- Data entry
- May also participate in various fundraising events throughout the year
- Help with other tasks and assignments as necessary
- General computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented and good organizational skills
- Work independently, make informed decisions, problem solve in a fast-paced environment, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
High School Diploma or equivalent Must be able to lift 30 lbs.
We are a Christian non-profit organization dedicated to serving the homeless population in the Treasure Valley, and while doing so, try to bring them closer to God.
Come join us and see what a huge impact you can have!